For the boats :
- Zucchini – 2 medium
- Vegetable Oil – 3 tbsp
3.Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder (mild red chilli powder) – 1/2 tsp
For the Filling :
- Avocado / Vegetable Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Black sesame – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 1 tsp
- Nigella seeds (Kalonji) – 1/4
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Fresh Ginger – 1″
- Dry Black Eyed Peas (Lobia) – 1/4 cup + 50g
- Dry Green Chickpeas (Choliya) – 1/4 cup + 50g
- Mixed Sprouts – 3/4 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Amchoor – 1 tsp (Or use lemon juice)
Optional Topping :
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Grated paneer for garnish
- Chopped Corriander for garnish
- Cut the head and tail of Zucchini and slice in half lengthwise and spoon out the seedy bits from the centre. Don’t make it too thin.
- Mix together chilli, pepper, garlic powder (or fresh garlic), salt, oil to make a flavouring for the zucchini boat.
- Brush this oil into the centre. And brush little oil on the outside of the zucchini so that gets roasted too.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15-20 mins. Keep an eye on it.
- For the Lentil filling, pour oil into a pan, add green chilli and garlic to saute.
- Add Cumin (Jeera), Fennel (Saunf), Black Sesame (Til), Nigella (Kalaunji) Seeds, Grated ginger into the pan. Saute till fragrant.
- Add chopped Onion and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add cooked Lentils and sprouts of your choice and salt. Mix together and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add dry mango powder (Amchur) off the heat. If you don’t have that, squeeze some lemon for a slight tang.
- Fill up the boats with the Lentil mixture. Serve it with fluffy rice. Topped with fresh Coriander, Feta (or paneer), Pomegranate Seeds.