Eggless Walnut Spice Cake
- All Purpose Flour – 220g
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Caster / Powdered Sugar – 160g
- Molasses – 20g
Or use 180g of Dark Brown Sugar replacing white sugar and Molasses.
- Butter – 180g
- Warm Milk – 120g
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Walnut – 50g
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Clove Powder – 1/8th tsp
- Star Anise Powder – 1/8th tsp
- Nutmeg Powder – Pinch (1/16th tsp)
- Dry Ginger Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Sift together All Purpose Flour, Ginger, Nutmeg, Star Anise, Clove, Cinnamon, Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Whip together Butter, Molasses and Sugar till light and Fluffy.
- Mix together Warm Milk and Vanilla Extract.
- Alternately add Dry and Wet ingredients into the butter mix and fold slowly until mixed together
- Toast walnuts and give them a rough chop. Save some whole for the top.
- Fold into the cake batter and pour on to a prepared 8″ Cake pan.
- Top with whole walnuts and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30-35 minutes. Keep an eye on it.
- Bake till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool it down a bit before cutting into it.