- All Purpose Flour – 190g
- Dark Cocoa Powder – 30g
- Caster/ Powdered Sugar – 200g
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 100g
- Cream Cheese – 60g
- Dark Chocolate – 30g (I used 54% Dark)
- Warm Milk – 140g
- Prepare any mould of your choice, with butter and flour. I used a 9″x4″ loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift together Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder
- In another bowl, whip together, softened Butter, Cream cheese, Sugar till light and Fluffy.
- Add cooled melted Chocolate and beat again.
- Alternately fold the dry ingredients and milk into the fats.
- Pour over the baking tray, bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 50-60 minutes. Do not open the oven door till at least 3/4 the way through, else the cake will lose it’s shape.
- Bake till fully cooked though, check by inserting a skewer.
- Cool it down completely before cutting into it.