- All Purpose Flour – 220g
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Caster / Powdered Sugar – 180g
- Butter – 180g
- Milk – 200g
- Black Tea Leaves (Chai) – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Ginger – 2 tbsp
- Biscuits of your choice – 100g (Approx.)
- Sift together Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cardamom Powder
- Infuse Milk with Tea Leaves and Ginger by heating together. Keep aside for 10 minutes and Sieve it off. Add back 1 tbsp of tea leaves back into the Chai milk.
- Whisk together Butter and Sugar till light and fluffy.
- Alternate between dry and wet ingredients and fold gently until combined.
- Add crushed Biscuits to the bottom of a prepared 6″ cake pan. Press it down.
- Pour and level the batter over the biscuit base.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer comes out neatly.
- Cool the cake down before cutting into it.