- All Purpose Flour – 240g
- Caster/ Powdered Sugar – 180g
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 180g
- Orange Juice – 130g
- Orange Zest – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Orange Topping –
- Orange Juice – 200g
- Sugar – 50g
- Corn Starch – 1/2 tsp
- Orange Zest – 1/2 tsp
- Sift together All Purpose Flour,, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Orange Zest
- Whip together softened Butter, Vanilla and Sugar till light and Fluffy.
- Alternately add Flour mixture and Orange juice into the butter-sugar mixture.
- Pour into an 6″ prepared cake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out neatly.
- Cool down completely before cutting.
- Combine everything except Zest together and bring it to a boil.
- Cool it down to thicken. Add Zest.
- Drizzle over the cake and serve.