- All Purpose Flour – 190g
- Desiccated Coconut – 30g
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Caster / Powdered Sugar – 180g
- Butter – 180g
I used Salted, if you use unsalted, add 1/8th tsp salt.
- Warm Coconut Milk – 150g
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Coconut Shavings – 25g
- Sift together Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Desiccated Coconut. Mix well.
- Beat together Butter, Sugar till light and fluffy.
- Mix together Coconut Milk, Vanilla Extract.
- Alternately add dry and wet ingredients into the butter and mix gently.
- Pour and level the batter in a 6″ prepared cake pan, add coconut Shavings on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out neatly.
- Cool it down completely before cutting into it.