1) In a large bowl, with a beater, cream the butter and sugar together until it becomes smooth and stiff
2) Add Egg, Lemon Zest & Vanilla Extract and beat again
3) In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients – Flour, baking powder.
4) Fold the flour mixture to the wet batter half at a time
5) Then fold in half of the milk
6) Repeat until everything is incorporated
7) Line a 6 slot cupcake tray with liners and spoon in the batter ¾th so as to leave space for rising
8) Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)
9) Cool completely before frosting.