Green Pasta with Home Made Tomato Sauce
Posted On : February 1, 2021 By antweb
- Tomatoes – 6
- Garlic – 2 Cloves
- Onion – 2 small or 1 medium
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Oregano – 1.5 tsp dried
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Basil Leaves – 5 to 6
- Pasta – 150g
- Water for boiling pasta
- Pecorino Cheese Optional for top
Learn to make Hand Made Pasta (Egg-Free) – https://smritisspecial.in/product/handmade-pasta/
- Roast Tomatoes in the oven as shown in the Hot Sauce Recipe. Or chop them up.
- Heat your pan with Olive Oil on medium flame.
- Add Oregano and chopped Garlic. Saute till it sizzles.
- Add chopped Onion and saute till translucent. About 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add crushed roasted Tomatoes without the skin, and mix well.
Or add chopped fresh tomato and saute for 10 minutes till it breaks down.
- Add Sugar, Salt, Pepper and torn up Basil leaves to the sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a roaring boil. Add salt to it.
- Boil Pasta till Al Dante. If using fresh pasta it will take 1-3 minutes according to how dry it is.
If using store bought pasta, cook according to package instructions.
- Mix cooked pasta with the tomato sauce and serve with a little Pecorino on top.
error: Alert: Content is protected !!