Broccoli & Cauliflower Bake
- Drinking-Water for blanching
- Broccoli florets – 2 cups
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Salt for blanching – 3 tbsp
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 large or 3 small cloves
- Onion – 3/4 cup
- Rosemary – 1 tsp
- Dill – 1 tsp
- All-Purpose Flour (Maida) – 3 tbsp
- Warm Milk – 750 ml
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Grated Mozzarella – 1 Cup (or to taste)
- Boil water for blanching and then add salt. Let it come to a gentle simmer.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets and let it be in the blanching water for 1 minute in summer.
- Take it off the heat and keep aside.
- Add Butter, Olive Oil, in a pan and melt.
- Add chopped Garlic, Dill, Rosemary and Onion. Let the onions become a bit translucent and slightly golden.
- Add All-Purpose Flour (Maida) and cook until it is fragrant.
- Add warm Milk and mix quickly to avoid lumps. Cook on medium heat stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix this sauce with the blanched broccoli and cauliflower florets. And pour in an oven-safe dish.
- Bake it in the oven at 180- 200°C for 15 minutes. Then take it out and add the grated cheese on top. Bake again for 5 minutes until the cheese is golden on top.
- Serve with some bread, Pasta or Rice.