These little treats with white chocolate ganache is the perfect way to surprise your loved ones!
1) All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 260g
2) Powdered Sugar- 300g
3) Lemon Zest- 2 tbsp
4) Baking powder- 2 tsp
5) Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
6) Lemon Extract (optional)- 1 tsp
7) Butter/Ghee- 150g
8) Salt- ½ tsp
9) Milk- 1 ½ cups (Or as required)
10) Honey- 1 tsp
11) Red food colour (or gel)- 2 tsp
1) Heavy Cream- 100 ml
2) White chocolate- 100 g
3) Grapes (preferably black or green)
4) Chocolate chips
1. Line your cupcake mold with cupcake liners and keep aside
2. Pre-heat oven to 200 Degree C
3. In a large bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
4. In a separate bowl add soft butter, vanilla & lemon extract, lemon zest, honey and milk (1 cup first) to form a batter
5. Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet batter with a light hand to incorporate air
6. Add rest of the milk 1 tbsp at a time to adjust the consistency
7. The batter of should be somewhere between a thick egg batter and a thin brownie batter. Semi liquid is what you have to look for.
8. Divide ¼ of the batter and add red food colouring to it.
9. Divide the batter into the cupcake mold and bake at 180 degree C until it is fully cooked (about 15-20 mins, or according to your oven)
10. In case you use the microwave oven, bake for 4 mins in high combination mode
11. Let it cool completely before adding the frosting.
1. For the ganache, heat up the cream just until before it starts boiling, and remove it from the heat
2. Add the chocolate (broken or chips) into the hot cream and leave it for 1 minute to melt
3. Then beat it with a hand whisk/ spatula until it is smooth and silky in texture
4. Frost this over the cooled cupcakes
5. Top it with red cake crumble, chocolate chips and black grapes.
Makes 18 cupcakes
Tip- These cupcakes tend to be sweet together with the white chocolate ganache, using black grapes helps in cutting the sweetness and balancing the taste.
You can use any other tart fruit slices of your choice.
Happy Valentine’s Day!