- Green Beans – 100g
- Carrot – 2 medium
- Purple Cabbage – 1 small or 1/2 large
- Water for blanching
- Salt for blanching
- Green Apple on the side
- Peanuts – 150g
- Cashew – 100g
- Mustard Paste – 2 tsp
- Nutritional yeast – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sesame Oil – 3 tbsp
- Honey / Maple syrup – 1 tbsp
- Warm Water to grind – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Sunflower seeds for garnish
1) In a large pot, add lots of water and Bring it to gentle bubbles. It should not be boiling vigorously.
Add the Cabbage, Carrot and Beans one at a time to blanch. You need them to retain a bit of their crunch. Keep an eye on the veggies and don’t let them go mushy.
2) Set them aside and in the meantime, prepare your dressing.3) Roast Peanuts and Cashews until fragrant and slightly golden.
4) Add all ingredients for the dressing except sunflower seeds, into a blender and give it a good whizz until nice and smooth.
5) Roast the sunflower seeds until slightly golden and nutty.
6) Toss the warm veggies with a bit of the dressing, as per your taste and garnish with the sunflower seeds on top.
Note – This is a delicious all-purpose dressing, you can add it to any veggies of your choice.