- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 7 large or 10 small cloves
- Dry chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Dry Oregano – 1 tsp
- Dry Basil – 1 tsp
- Onions – 1.5 cups
- Mushrooms – 1 kg
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper – 2 tsp
- Water – 1 cups
- Milk – 750ml – 800ml
- Marmite (Optional) – 2 tsp
- Light Cream – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Parsley / Corriander – handful for top
- Heat Olive Oil in a pot and add Garlic, Chili Flakes, Oregano and Basil. Let it sizzle slightly.
- Add chopped Onions and saute till slightly translucent.
- Add chopped Mushrooms, Salt, Pepper, Water and let it cook until the mushrooms break down.
- Add Milk, Marmite and boil for 4-5 minutes. Then blitz it with a stick blender.
If you don’t have a stick blender or want a smoother soup, then cool down the mixture and blitz in a mixi till completely smooth.
- Add cream and heat for 2-3 minutes. Thin it out with some milk or water if you want a thinner soup. If you’re doing that, then boil for 5-6 minutes.
Serve warm garnished with chopped Coriander or Parsley.