- Vanilla Beans – 6
- Clear Vodka (at least 40%) – 300 ml
- Edible Vegetable Glycerine – 300 ml
- Mix Vodka and Edible Glycerine together.
- Make sure to use a clear unflavoured Vodka. You can also use Bourbon or Single Malt Whiskey but it might have a more pronounced flavour of its own. This is why I prefer Vodka because it is so neutral.
- Split the Vanilla Bean with a sharp knife and scrape out the seeds from the other side of the knife.
- Pour the liquid in a clean and dry bottle and put seeds and beans in there.
- Give it a shake every now and then.
- It will be ready to use in 4-5 months. But the ideal would be to use it around the 8-9 month mark.
- Store in a cupboard away from direct Sunlight or Moisture.