1. Butter- 1/2 cup
2. Sugar- 1/3 cup
3. Vanilla Extract- 1 tbsp
4. All Purpose Flour- 1 Cup
5. Corn Starch/ Flour- 2 tbsp
6. Dry ginger powder (or any other spice)- 1 tsp (Optional)
7. Milk- 2 tbsp
1. In a bowl, sieve all purpose flour, Corn starch, ginger powder and keep aside.
2. In another bowl, cream the room temperature butter, vanilla extract and sugar until light, pale and smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and give it a good mix.
4. Add milk to lighten the mixture so it resembles a super thick but smooth frosting.
5. Transfer it into a piping bag fitted with a jumbo star nozzle and pipe little star shaped or swiveled cookie drops on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degree C in the middle rack with both rods and fan on (for even heating) for 12-15 mins or until the top is slightly golden.
7. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
NOTE- If you use any other powdered spice, keep a check on the quantity. As some spices are much stronger than others.