- Black Rice – 1 cup
- Water for soaking
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Candied Orange – 5-6 strands
Or use Orange Zest of 1 full orange.
- Orange juice – 2 cups (500 ml)
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Milk Chocolate – 100g
- Coconut Milk – 800 ml
- Cardamom – 2-3 pods
- Clove – 3-4
- Almonds – 1/4 Cup + more for garnish
- Raisins – 2-3 Tbsp + more for garnish
- Dry Coconut Shavings – 2-3 tbsp + more for garnish
- Candied Orange Peel for garnish (Optional)
- Soak black Rice overnight or 7-8 hrs
- Drain the soaking liquid and roast rice in a dry skillet till it’s fragrant.
- Add ghee and let it roast.
- Add Coconut Milk and cook for 1-1.5 hours in medium heat stirring it once every 10-15 minutes. Add more hot water to cook if required.
- At the 1 hour mark, add sugar and cook it till tender.
- Add freshly squeezed Orange Juice and mix well.
- Grind together Candied Orange Peel or zest + Cardamom + Clove till a powder. Add it to the pudding.
- Add Milk Chocolate and mix.
- Add Coconut Shavings, Toasted Almonds, Raisins to the pudding and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold with garnish.
For reheating, add a bit of water to thin everything out.